Lately I have felt the need to say an extra 'thanks' for the blessings in my life...
1) My Family. Geoff and our precious little girl Jerra. She is such a free spirit and independent little thing. I love watching her grow and learn everyday. From the moment her eyes open in the morning until the second she is asleep in the evening, she is just on the go, go go. She wears me out, but I LOVE every minute of my time with her. Geoff and her have such a special daddy-daughter relationship - which we know comes from him being home with her so much. She doesn't know it now, but this time together for them is going to be really important later in life. We are so blessed that we get to spend so much of our time during the day with her.
2) Our extended family....my parents, geoff's dad, brother Jeff, and sister Kristin and brother in law Tim. We don't always get to spend as much time as we would like with them, but we are so blessed to call them family.
3) Our home. We live on the BEST street - we have become good friends with our neighbors and we actually spend A LOT of time outside with them. And when I say 'a lot of time' I mean - every day that the weather is nice. The moms all sit together in a driveway and chit chat, the dads play basketball/baseball/ping pong and the kids all play together. We BBQ on the weekends and have poker parties on Saturday nights after the kids are in bed. There are 11 kids (not including Jerra) in our circle from the ages of 2-6 and they all play so well together. Jerra loves playing with the 'big' kids and especially gets a kick out of her time with the girls. A street like this is rare these days and we are so blessed to have found this one.
4) Our friends. We really have a great group of friends...the sad part is that we are all young parents and kinda spread out across Texas and the country and we don't always get to spend the time we would like to with them. But when we do get to see them, it's like no time has passed and we have a great time.
5) Our health. Geoff is healthy. Jerra is healthy. And so far, I have been having a healthy pregnancy. I pray many times every day that this remains the case.
Spend a few moments saying thanks for your blessings in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment