Monday, August 27, 2012

Kindergarten!

Jerra was all ready to start Kindergarten this morning!  She woke up 2 mins before I was about to go up and get her, ate breakfast, got dressed and brushed her hair all without me asking.  We took a few snapshots outside (I'll upload more later), waited for grandma and grandpa to arrive (they came over to sit at house while Jorja and Brady slept so Geoff could go with us to drop-off) and then headed off to school.  She is going to Forest Ridge Elementary and they are the Falcons.  Her teacher is Mrs. Ewing and her friend Aubrey is in her class. (there are at least 10 other kids she knows there in the other 5 kindergarten classes).  Geoff and I walked her into school and she headed into her class with just a slight hestitation.  She even got a hug from Ms Andrea who was her 2 year old teacher (and Jorja's 2 year old teacher) at their pre-school - she is working at FR now and we are thrilled that she is there.  We are confident our independent little girl is going to excel in kindergarten -- I am just left wondering -- How did 5 years go by sooooo fast!!??!!

No comments: